Microlight Course Syllabus
This is the full syllabus for the NPPL microlight qualification. Depending on your availability this can be completed in between 4-6 months.
Summary of the syllabus for the N.P.P.L. microlight flight training
Ex No Exercise Description
1. Aircraft familiarisation
2. Preparation for flight
3. Air experience
4. Effects of controls
6. Straight and level
9a. Medium level-turns (up to 30° bank angle)
9b. Climbing and descending turns
10a. Slow flight
11. Spin awareness
12. Takeoff and climb to down wind
13. The circuit, approach, and landing/overshoot
14. Advanced turning (up to 60° bank angle)
15. Unusual and dangerous attitudes/conditions
16a. Forced landings, with/without power
16b. Operation at minimum level
17a. First solo
17b. Solo circuit, local area, and general flying consolidation to GST (General Skills Test) for microlight PPL
- local flying not further than 8nm from take-off site
- hours as required to complete minimum of 15 hrs total flying experience (excluding GST) and including minimum of 7 hrs solo
17c. Dual revision for GST
18. Pilot navigation
- Navigation training (at least 3hrs of which MUST be solo). To include two 40 nm total distance each, solo cross-country flights, during each of which, the student landed at least at one other site.
- One site must be at least 15nm away from the take-off site at which the flight began.
- The two solo cross-country flights must be flown over different routes and different sites.
Note:- Before full licence can be issued, or removal of limitations from 'restricted' licence, 25hrs total flying time must be gained (Excluding GST).